Saturday, February 18, 2012

Anonymous letter from a parent

Anonymous letter from a parent:
"One of my child's teachers loves Make Your Day.  Her class is orderly and most of the kids do what is expected.  Another one of my child's teachers wished there was a more positive approach to behavior, but likes Make Your Day.  She is glad that all the teachers practice the same methods and that there is a behavior plan in place.  When I come in for a conference, the teachers explain the Make Your Day program to me.  I seem to understand and agree that my child needs to work on changing these behaviors and to do what is expected, but...
Many times my child comes home moody, depressed, or angry.  My child sometimes seems to focus on who got in trouble that day at school.  My child is easily frustrated.  Sometimes my child is anxious about another child who got on steps or didn't make their day.  My child when doing a simple task comments, "I am so stupid.  I can't do anything right."  My child struggles academically at times, but...
I go to the school night and look at the all the great stuff my child is learning.  I see the projects on the walls in the classrooms and hallways.  What is wrong with my child?  What am I doing wrong as a parent?  Is it the school?   Am I the only one feeling this?  Am I imagining things?  I lay awake at night wondering." 

No comments:

Post a Comment